A downloadable game for Windows
Erect 4 monuments while taking care of your peasants and fending off any fiends!
Every time a new building is built its price increases. The same is with soldiers and peasants.
The more excess food you hold the more likely traitors are to attack you
Basically a more chaotic version of Stronghold with Downwell’s aesthetic look.
…how the hell do you even play this?
- Click your soldiers and the king to move them around
- Placing your mouse over the castle shows you the amount of coins, excess food, peasants and the king’s health
- Click a building to access its upgrade/build menu (try it out on the castle first)
- Orchards (trees) provide 3 units of food per day to your castle
- Each house summons 2 peasants and provides a way of buying more
- Mines can only be built on rocks
- Miners can be employed in the mines
- Soldiers can be recruited in the barracks
- Walls stop enemies from walking through
- Walls can be upgraded to monuments. Building 4 of them wins the game.
- The cave on the bottom periodically spawns enemies
CASH & FOOD (i.e. the confusing part)
- Each peasant and soldier needs 1 piece of food per day to sustain themselves
- Each peasant pays 1 coin every day
- Miners require 1 extra piece of food for a total of 2 per day to sustain themselves, but they pay out with 2 coins
- Each soldier needs to be paid 1 coin per day
- If there’s not enough food to sustain your village the first ones to go hostile are the miners. Then the peasants will follow, and lastly the soldiers.
- Excess food from the previous day gets deleted, meaning that waiting will not get you any extra apples.
- The more excess food you have the more often traitors will spawn
- DON’T place 2 orchards at the beginning of your game. Just don’t do it man.
- Keep an eye out for prices of crucial items. You don’t want to be caught with your pants down or overpay for your troops, now do you?
- Quickly place all 4 walls. You may try to block the traitors’ cave with them. When you succeed just remember that traitors can’t see 2 feet ahead of themselves.
- Look out for your food supply. Too much excess food will lure in the traitors while too little will make your peasants riot.
- Game Maker: Studio (code, sprites)
- LMMS (music)
- SFXR (sound effects)
- My hands (keyboard input)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.